Hey LFCC family,
In light of recent events concerning the Coronavirus we wanted to update you about some decisions we’ve made as a Church leadership.
Upon much prayer and deliberation, as of now, we are planning on proceeding with regularly scheduled services (including children’s programming) on Sunday, March 15th, 2020 (Sunday School at 8:30am, Sunday Gathering at 10:00am). Know that this is an ever-evolving situation and we will do our best to stay on top of it.
We are doing all we can to ensure that our facility is as safe as possible for our Church family. Counters, door handles, and other high-use items have been cleaned and disinfected numerous times.
In and effort to minimize contact, we will make the following alterations to our service:
- Communion plates and offering bags will not be passed throughout the congregation
- We will use only the two front entrances (SE and SW Doors under the awnings) for entry on Sunday morning.
- Since Governor Eric Holcomb has imposed a limit on gatherings to no more than 250 people, once we reach 200 people in the main building we will begin diverting attendees to the Youth House where they may view the livestream of the service as a family.
We are taking every precaution we can to minimize risk to anyone and you can help with that. We need you to use good judgment to protect yourself and others.
- If you are feeling sick, have a fever or a cough; we are asking you to stay home and worship together with us online.
- If you have shortness of breath, are elderly, or have an immune system that is compromised; we are asking you to stay home and worship together with us online.
- If you feel as if you may have been exposed to the Coronavirus, we are asking you to stay home and worship together with us online.
Please do not feel bad if you feel that you need to stay home. We want to be as safe as possible so we are asking everyone to err on the side of caution and worship with us online if you are the least bit uncertain.
If you are worshipping with us online, you can find the livestream at the following link – http://www.peopletogod.com/lfcc-livestream/ or visit the LFCC YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgDXA2dRMny6yyHjw22Umsg
Also, if you are worshipping online we encourage you to prepare communion and partake with us as a family during the service and don’t forget that you can give as part of your worship online at https://pushpay.com/g/peopletogod OR on the Linton First Christian Church app for iPhone or Android.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are trying to figure this out like everyone else, so please be flexible, be faithful, and stay tuned as things can change very quickly.
Don’t forget to be in prayer. Peter said in 1 Peter 3.12 12 The eyes of the Lord watch over those who do right, and his ears are open to their prayers.
God is hearing our prayers so please keep them coming.
God has been moving in mighty ways and we believe He will continue to move in mighty ways… This WILL NOT stop what HE is doing. Nothing will ever stop what God wants to accomplish! Our methods might have to change BUT the message NEVER WILL… and it must go out!
We trust God will protect us as His children BUT we will take every precaution we need to take.
Keep praying… love God… love people… share Jesus and be safe. We love you and will see you all soon.
Elders of Linton First Christian Church