Hey LFCC family,
In light of the most recent events concerning the Coronavirus and the recommendations of our government, we wanted to update you about some decisions we’ve made as a Church leadership.
We want to be responsible and do our part to try to keep people from contracting this virus. So along with prayer, we will do our part in ‘social distancing’. Starting this Sunday (March 22nd, 2020) at 10am, until the time comes where it is safe for us to meet together again, we will only be meeting online.
We are NOT canceling our services. I repeat, we are NOT canceling our service, our service will just be offered exclusively online. Our livestream will start 10 minutes prior to our service which will start at 10am. After the livestream is over, the service will be available in an archived format on our church YouTube channel and our Facebook page.
I know this is weird for many of us, but this will not stop the church. Moving online doesn’t mean that Satan has won anything. Moving online doesn’t mean we are less of a church because the church isn’t contained to a building. So, it is impossible to cancel church. You can close a building BUT we are the church and that can’t be canceled. I know this may not seem like an ideal situation, but we really believe God is going to move in amazing ways if our response to fear will be to Face Everything And Rise.
This is a unique time in the history of our world where we have an incredible opportunity to reach out and give the hope of Jesus to a world that is desperate for hope right now.
AW Tozer once wrote: A frightened world needs a fearless church. So let’s Rise and share Jesus with others.
Here are some things you can do to Rise:
- Check on neighbors, coworkers, friends, and family… and help meet their practical needs.
- Share Jesus with those who don’t know Jesus. Encourage those who do. We all need the hope that only Jesus can bring.Invite everyone to worship online with us.
- Prepare communion before the service starts (cracker and juice will work). During the service we will take communion together as a family.
- Be prepared to give. Hard times do not revoke God’s mandate to give. You can give as part of your worship online at https://pushpay.com/g/peopletogod OR on the Linton First Christian Church app for iPhone or Android OR you can mail in your offering to: Linton First Christian Church, 9878 W State Road 54, Linton, IN 47441
During the service you can interact by clicking on the comment section of YouTube or Facebook. As family, we want to know about any prayer requests you have or any decisions you make.
We are blessed to have the opportunity to livestream and stay connected to each other. But this truly is an incredible opportunity to reach those who do not normally attend church.
If you are worshipping with us online, you can find the livestream at the following links:
- LFCC Website – http://www.peopletogod.com/lfcc-livestream/
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/LintonFirstChristianChurch
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/LintonFirstChristian/
This WILL NOT stop what GOD is doing! Nothing will ever stop what God wants to accomplish! Any time throughout history that the church was disrupted, the church exploded in number. It started when Stephen became the 1st martyr… persecution broke out, the church spread out, and many people came to Jesus. This is our opportunity to spread out our influence and influence more people for Jesus. See, our methods have temporarily changed BUT the message NEVER WILL… and it must go out! We are the church and the church has work to do!
If you are in need OR you know someone in need we have attached a resource page to assist you, and we have people who can bring you supplies you need. You can also call the church at 812-847-9535 or email us at peopletoGod.com.
Regardless of what happens in the future we know who holds the future… so let’s keep praying… keep loving God… keep loving people… keep sharing Jesus… and be safe. We love you and will see you all soon.
Community Resource Page Link – http://www.peopletogod.com/resources/